Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Tuesday Letter!

Yet another Plaza San Martín but this one is in San Rafael since we're all here in San Rafael for P-Day.

Dear Family,
Thank you all so much for your letters, love, and support!!! Sorry that last week's letter was pretty short. We ended up leaving really late and we weren't even able to eat lunch until about 6:00 PM. We had Zone Conference yesterday which is why I'm writing on a Tuesday. We decided as a zone to stay here in San Rafael for P-day so we could all meet together as a giant missionary, two-zone, P-day. It's incredible how different San Rafael is from General Alvear. San Rafael is definately a lot bigger. Zone Conference was really incredible with individual workshops from the three assistants and even a visit from the area doctor. Elder Swainston, my old companion, is now an assistant to an assistant (yeah, no one knows what his actual position is but he's just companions to Elder Armstrong the assistant). We all stayed the night in the apartment of San Rafael II and had a nice pizza dinner after working the afternoon in their area, talking with everyone and their cousin. I also got to read the letter from Aunt China which I got yesterday! She talked about how things are always changing in Uruguay and how she was surprised to get a letter from me in Argentina. Elder Leal was with us last night as well and he's from Uruguay, from a pueblito called Durazno (peach). We're enjoying ourselves in San Rafael and I'm wondering what San Rafael must have been like for Mom. There's lots of nice people and from the people I've met in General Alvear I'll bet that Mom met some pretty nice people in San Rafael. Thank you again for your letters and support and I look forward to your e-mails this Monday!!! I love you all!!! Bye!!!
Love,
Elder Williams

Here's a picture of all of the missionaries who are in General Alvear (technically the zone is called San Rafael: General Alvear but there's only three companionships in San Rafael and 4 in General Alevar).

The other picture is of Elder Jesperson who you might know. He's a zone leader for the other San Rafael Zone (Malargüe) and is most famous for being the only person killed on Halo (for X-Box) by a traffic cone. You might find the video on YouTube. (Wow, flattering picture....and yes, I did find the YouTube video...it has more than 2 million views and almost 13,000 comments! I posted it right after the picture.)



Here's a photo of me and Elder Gutierrez and then a photo of the two zones in San Rafael and Alvear.


No comments: