Dear Family,
Thank you all for your love, letters, and support!!! I GOT TRANSFERRED!!! I am now writing from the lovely department of General Alvear which happens to be right next to San Rafael! I'm in the Pellegrini Branch of the San Rafael stake with my new companion Elder Gutierrez. It's amazing how beautiful it is down here. This is the furthest I've ever been from the Mission Offices. If I go any further south I'll leave the mission. It's also 1 of only 2 areas that have bikes! That's pretty awesome in and of itself. We're actually in a small town called West General Alvear, about 10-15 minutes outside of town on bike. It's a little pueblito but it goes out way off into the boonies. The area actually covers over 100 km but they obviously don't expect us to cover all that ground as two missionaries. I'm still district leader and the other companionship in my district is working in a little town called Bowen. Elder Crunkleton had been there before when he was in the San Rafael II branch way back when so President called him to go and open that area with Elder Gardner. They're going to open I guess a branch of a branch. They've already had 9 new investigators in about 3 days and you can tell there are so many people in Bowen who are waiting for the gospel but just haven't had a church way out there before. They're technically part of our branch but they live a little over 20 km away from our chapel which makes it hard for members to come to church. A bunch of less active members are going to activate themselves and many investigators will go to meetings in Bowen. It's amazing. I feel like I'm in my first real area and that now I'm a real missionary. Yesterday we went out to visit some of the families that live a ways away and it was so awesome to bike by huge fields and farms. At night you can see just about every single star in the sky especially because it's a new moon. President said it was going to be a great adventure so I'm pretty excited. This is also the first branch I've ever been in. Elder Gutierrez said about 30 people come to Sacrament meeting on Sundays so it's going to be really nice. We meet in a rented house next to an old, abandoned movie theater. Sacrament meeting is in the kitchen with the classes in the various rooms. I'm really excited for next Sunday to finally see how the branch is. This past Sunday (yesterday) was an Area Conference for the South America South Area. Elder L. Tom Perry and President Henry B. Eyring spoke to everyone with the aid of a translator. It was like having a mini General Conference that was broadcast to the Pacifico ward in General Alvear and the Stake Center in San Rafael (we went to Pacifico since it was significantly closer). This is a really incredible area and I'm so excited to work here. It was so funny as I was leaving San Miguel because President called and told me that before I leave he had a couple things that weren't working that he needed help with. I went over to the offices to help out Elder Jarvis, fix one of President's computers, prepare a presentation for the Mendoza Zone Leaders, then I went over to President's house, set up his new speakers for his TV since he can't hear the built in speakers on the TV, fix his Internet, his Internet phone service, and then finally fixed the Hermana Lindahl's Skype account (a webcam-chat service). Things are going really well here and I hope you're all having a wonderful time over there. I love you all!!! Bye!!!
Love,
Elder Williams
No comments:
Post a Comment