Dear Family,
Thank you all so much for your love, support, e-mails, and pictures!!! Sorry for not sending pictures again. I even took a number of pictures and had them all ready to send and everything but then when we went to the Internet Café every time I opened MyLDSMail.net the computer's Internet crashed. I even managed to, ehem, get around certain controls on the computer only to find that even those around-the-corner tools were also blocked which kept me from restarting the computer. However, in all their blocks (and in all my not-paying-attention) there was a big POWER button on the front of the computer which does the job just fine. With the computer all restarted, the Internet still didn't work but I still had to pay my 0.40 pesos (like a dime) and then head off to another Internet Café. This one works just great except for the fact that there's no way to get to the USB on this computer. Y bueno. Next week I'm going to do everything I can to send pictures. We're doing internet a little late today because we went to Uspallata this morning. It's about a three hour bus ride to get there. We met up with the Elders who work there and played a little bit of fútbol. We then found out we didn't have enough time to get to any of the surrounding mountains which all happened to be about 10 km away and we didn't have any transportation. We found a school van (they don't have school buses) driver that said she'd be available in 15 minutes but then took about a half-hour. We did get really close to mountains though and drove through some on the bus trip back. To make a long story short, we got back pretty late and a little bit later because my companion wasn't feeling as well and had to stay with Elder McNees who also wasn't feeling very well. This week was a little bit of taking care of poor Elder Guevara who's been under-the-weather. We keep telling him he has the Swine flu but we can't do it with a straight face. If we did get the Swine flu, I must have gotten it first but I was already fine the next day. Oh, and in the offices they have a printout of the running total of Swine Flu cases and so far only one person in all of the 40,000,000 people in Argentina has the Swine Flu and it's actually just a Chilean who was transported to Argentina for a better hospital. Everyone we've passed by gives their personal Rx for Elder Guevara but he's doing a lot better now. He just has a cough. We had a full week too since every day we had lunch with a member. When we ate with the Videla family they introduced one of the daughter's boyfriends who's not a member and agreed to let us pass by to talk with him. We taught him about the Restoration of the Gospel and he liked the challenge about reading the Book of Mormon and asking God instead of just us. We have another appointment with him this Sunday so we're excited to see how he's doing. Well, I hope you all have a wonderful week and I love you all!!! Bye!!!
Love,
Elder Williams
No comments:
Post a Comment