Dear Family,
Thank you all so much for your love, letters, support, and prayers!!! Happy 4th of July! It was pretty nice, as I was opening all of your e-mails I clicked to update the page and even more e-mails came up! That's a lovely surprise for any missionary. We had an interesting week with all the interesting interestingness that was going on. I think I already mentioned it but the Gente de Cobos won the elections much to the excitement of some and dismay of others. I still say the Gente de Jesucristo would do a much better job :) . In other interesting news, tomorrow is the great cleaning day in the mission. Hermana Lindahl wants all of the apartments spick-and-span and there will even be cleaning checks so that we do a good job. I've gotten several calls from the offices this week for technical questions including a "Mayday" call from Elder Swainston. Fortunately everything's in good shape now and I'm able to use Mikogo to fix anything else over the Internet. Hermana Brown, the Mission Nurse, also called because her Yahoo e-mail was giving her problems. We switched it over to Yahoo Classic and that seemed to take care of that problem as well. She calls me Computer Doctor Williams now :) . In the Pellegrini chapel we had an activity to for the 4th of July (ok it wasn't specially for the 4th of July but it happened to be on the 4th of July). We watched The Testaments and ate pop-corn and cake. It was kind of funny because the oven is lopsided and half of the cake batter fell onto the oven bottom but after the part that fell out cooled down, it tasted pretty good too except for the giant black mark on the bottom. It was pretty much cake blob but it came right out as if we had done it on purpose. We ate a bunch of cookies too and everyone enjoyed themselves. We even got Yesica, one of our investigators, to come to the activity and she said she liked the movie. Our branch mission leader is all pumped for another activity soon so we're all excited. Things are going well and this next week should be even better since everyone's over the sickypoos now (though floor-cleaner is supposedly way expensive now, go figure). I love you all and I'll be sending more pictures next week!!! Bye!!!
Love,
Elder Williams
No comments:
Post a Comment