Thursday, July 23, 2009

Here comes a letter!

Ok, here's a handful of photos of the districts in Alvear, our baptisms, and a funny little organ in the Pacifico chapel that used to be in our branch but no one knows how to play the organ. I attached a few sound clips of Elder Gardner playing said organ. You might recognize the tunes. If you don't...just think like Elder Williams...it'll come to you. (Although we were all hoping to hear some audio of Lawrence saying something, alas, the sound bites only contain Elder Gardner's organ version of the Super Mario Brothers song. I couldn't figure out how to get audio on the blog, so you'll just have to take my word for it.)





Dear Family,
Thank you all so much for your love, letters, prayers, and support!!! WE HAD A BAPTISM!!! Technically, WE HAD TWO BAPTISMS (even though one was for the Elders of Bowen but technically Bowen is still part of the Pellegrini branch). Yessica Villegas was baptized last Saturday in the Pacifico chapel! Bowen as well had a baptism so we shared the font as Carlos Monge was baptized as well. It was really incredible because I did the baptismal interview for Carlos and he was really prepared for his baptism. When the Elders in Bowen asked him who he wanted to baptize him he said, “Is it ok if the Elder who did the baptismal interview baptizes me?” Saturday while we were all getting ready to start the service, Carlos told me he wanted me to baptize him which left me speechless. Elder Gardner had already brought baptismal clothes and everything for me so even though I only had about 20 minutes of warning I was able to baptize him that day. It was so incredible. There was a strong spirit as we started the service and then moved on to the ordinance of baptism. Yessica was baptized first by Elder Gutiérrez and then I baptized Carlos. The warm water didn’t have much pressure so the water was a little on the cold side (somewhat freezing actually). When Yessica talked to her mom after the baptism she told her she loved how warm the water was! It truly was a miracle. Yessica even brought a number of her friends to the baptism, as well as her cousin Marisol who is preparing for baptism. Yessica as well was really prepared for her baptism. We’re excited for her future in the church and we know she’ll progress well into a strong, faithful member of the church. Carlos will be a great leader as well as time goes by. He’s already a pioneer in Bowen.
As time always seems to pass by, this transfer as well has passed by. President Lindahl called last night to let me know that I’ll be training again this transfer and that Elder Gutiérrez will be going to Cordón del Plata in Valle de Uco. President said I’d be training an American but he didn’t say who quite yet. I have a really good guess though. While I was in the offices I noticed that another Elder Williams would be coming to Mendoza exactly this transfer. I’m pretty sure that President will put the two Elder Williams together so if you know anything about a Jon Williams on his way to Mendoza, Argentina let me know. President put Elder Snow and Elder Nieve together so I can definitely see him putting Elder Williams with Elder Williams. I’ll still be district leader over Bowen which will still be with Elder Crunkleton but since Elder Gardner, his companion, just barely finished his mission I already know that someone else is on their way here. It might be an Elder Cox but I’m not sure. Elder Cox was in my first Zone in my first area of San Martín II. I think he was in Junín. I’ll tell everyone all about everyone as soon as I find out more. I’ll be heading into the offices in order to be there by 10:00 AM for all of the trainers. We might be taking a bus that leaves at 12:50 AM in order to get there on time with extra time to try and finish my Argentine ID (yeah, some missionaries leave the mission before their Argentine ID is finished in Buenos Aires). We’ll have to see what happens. It’ll be another good long while of traveling but at least they might give out alfajores on the bus :). I hope you don’t have to travel 12 hours on bus! I love you all!!! Have the most amazing week you can!!! Bye!!!
Love,
Elder Williams

No comments: