


MTC Mailbox #91
ARG-MEN 0414
2005 N 900 E
Provo, Utah 84604-1793
2-19-08
ARG-MEN 0414
2005 N 900 E
Provo, Utah 84604-1793
2-19-08
Dear Family,
How are you? I'm sitting in the gym, right now, waiting for the devotional to start with Dennis B. Neuenschwander of the Quorum of the Seventy (I had to wait for the slide with his name to pop-up a couple of times before I could finish spelling it). Today was my P-day and I got to set up my e-mail, but Jennifer's e-mail was the only one I could remember, so ya'll have to give me your e-mails in your next letter :). Hopefully this letter and my e-mail won't overlap too much. I got everyone's letters and a package from Julie today, on my P-day, so I get to respond to everything immediately. The MTC is still awesome, seriously! :) I've been studying like crazy but I'll bet it'll pay off on my mission. I'm in intermediate Spanish, which helps me remember a lot. Elder Morril and Hermana Greenland moved up to advanced, but they were pretty good already. Hermana Greenland's uncle is my mission presient, which is kind of funny. We sing before the devotionals as a prelude and the Spirit from a ginormous crowd of missionaries is amazing. I was getting a little choked-up during the prelude Hymns of the last devotional. Jennifer, don't pull your braces off like Mr. Madrid :). It's probably painful anyways. I was right about Valentine's Day. Nobody talked about it much-except that we got heart-shaped cookies from the cafeteria. MTC food is amazing, but I've probably already said that, and I've probably already gained 50% of my weight in chocolate milk. The MTC is better than I expected, though, I don't know how Elders found time to take lightsaber or Matrix pictures. I found the lightsaber pencil like Joel has, but it's around $12, and I only get $6 a week in missionary allowance. I don't know about chocolate milk runs at BYU since I actually have to pay for that chocolate milk, but I'll go with Jennifer anyways :). Dear Elder is pretty awesome since it comes so fast so feel free to send me Deal Elder letters as often as you'd like :). If you haven't gotten my e-mail by now, there's a problem :). My e-mail now, by the way, is [sorry girls, I smudged it out! :)] but don't take my word for it. Check the return address from Jennifer's e-mail if you can. My teachers at the MTC are Hermana Higginson and Hermana Allard. I'm sleeping pretty well since we have quiet time for about 15 minutes right before we go to bed. I actually have written a few of the thank-you notes, but I haven't known any addresses, so I'll enclose a list of the addresses I need. I got a package from Julie, I don't know if you heard, full of stuff she picked up from the BYU housing fair and from around Provo. Thank you all, so much, for all of your letters of support. The MTC is very much about Christ's love and I can definitely feel your love from your letters and from Julie's package. I couldn't have asked for a better family, a better companion, or even a better place to be for two years (in the mission field and not just the MTC :) ). I want you to know that I love you and that Heavenly Father loves you. Just as I'm protected as a missionary, Heavenly Father will protect you and bless you. Something we learn more about in the MTC is that Christ really lives. Joseph Smith saw God and His son, Jesus Christ. The Gospel is true and the Book of Mormon is the word of God. Compared to these truths, what else matters? I pray that we can all remember that. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
The Missionary,
Elder Williams
How are you? I'm sitting in the gym, right now, waiting for the devotional to start with Dennis B. Neuenschwander of the Quorum of the Seventy (I had to wait for the slide with his name to pop-up a couple of times before I could finish spelling it). Today was my P-day and I got to set up my e-mail, but Jennifer's e-mail was the only one I could remember, so ya'll have to give me your e-mails in your next letter :). Hopefully this letter and my e-mail won't overlap too much. I got everyone's letters and a package from Julie today, on my P-day, so I get to respond to everything immediately. The MTC is still awesome, seriously! :) I've been studying like crazy but I'll bet it'll pay off on my mission. I'm in intermediate Spanish, which helps me remember a lot. Elder Morril and Hermana Greenland moved up to advanced, but they were pretty good already. Hermana Greenland's uncle is my mission presient, which is kind of funny. We sing before the devotionals as a prelude and the Spirit from a ginormous crowd of missionaries is amazing. I was getting a little choked-up during the prelude Hymns of the last devotional. Jennifer, don't pull your braces off like Mr. Madrid :). It's probably painful anyways. I was right about Valentine's Day. Nobody talked about it much-except that we got heart-shaped cookies from the cafeteria. MTC food is amazing, but I've probably already said that, and I've probably already gained 50% of my weight in chocolate milk. The MTC is better than I expected, though, I don't know how Elders found time to take lightsaber or Matrix pictures. I found the lightsaber pencil like Joel has, but it's around $12, and I only get $6 a week in missionary allowance. I don't know about chocolate milk runs at BYU since I actually have to pay for that chocolate milk, but I'll go with Jennifer anyways :). Dear Elder is pretty awesome since it comes so fast so feel free to send me Deal Elder letters as often as you'd like :). If you haven't gotten my e-mail by now, there's a problem :). My e-mail now, by the way, is [sorry girls, I smudged it out! :)] but don't take my word for it. Check the return address from Jennifer's e-mail if you can. My teachers at the MTC are Hermana Higginson and Hermana Allard. I'm sleeping pretty well since we have quiet time for about 15 minutes right before we go to bed. I actually have written a few of the thank-you notes, but I haven't known any addresses, so I'll enclose a list of the addresses I need. I got a package from Julie, I don't know if you heard, full of stuff she picked up from the BYU housing fair and from around Provo. Thank you all, so much, for all of your letters of support. The MTC is very much about Christ's love and I can definitely feel your love from your letters and from Julie's package. I couldn't have asked for a better family, a better companion, or even a better place to be for two years (in the mission field and not just the MTC :) ). I want you to know that I love you and that Heavenly Father loves you. Just as I'm protected as a missionary, Heavenly Father will protect you and bless you. Something we learn more about in the MTC is that Christ really lives. Joseph Smith saw God and His son, Jesus Christ. The Gospel is true and the Book of Mormon is the word of God. Compared to these truths, what else matters? I pray that we can all remember that. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
The Missionary,
Elder Williams
No comments:
Post a Comment