

Dear Family,
Today's my first day in the MTC. They told us to write home our first day and I figure it helps us keep everything fresh in our minds. I admit it was hard saying good-bye this morning but I hope we can all remember the strength of the Spirit more than just the fact that we were parting. Just because we can't be together physically doesn't mean we can't carry each other around in our hearts. Though memories never replace the real thing I will keep my memories of you strong and I will keep you in my prayers. It means a lot that I'm in such a family that would prepare me for the MTC and for my mission. I love you all very much and my service throughout my mission is because of my love for you and my Savior.
Today we covered much of the administrative stuff but I'm sure Joel could have told you that. I'm getting along with my companion very well and was happy to find out that he also did Cross-Country. He's interested in doing either accounting or dentistry but I'm sure he'd be happy and enthusiastic in either. One of my District Leaders in my branch (I think that's the term) is going to the Uruguay Montevideo West Mission so hopefully China's in that mission. We got the ten-cent tour of the MTC but I think I'll still rely heavily on the map for a while. It did take me about 3 weeks to learn my schedule at BYU. Hopefully the Spirit will help me cut that time down. The one cruelty of the MTC is that almost immediately after I left the room where we said good-bye, they had us take pictures for the branch presidents to get to know us. I wasn't terribly "together" at the time as Joel may be able to find out. I also ran into Chip Hancock and Blake Hull my old Elder's Quorum President which helped me feel as "at home" as I could without actually being home. It will be hard to train myself to use their proper title as I accidentally called Elder Hull by his first name. I can't think of what else to say as my memory's strained just trying to remember all the things we went over today. I'm on the top bunk and get to practice my gymnastics going up and down from my bunk. They gave all the ladders to the sisters. I love you all and I can personally testify that this church is true.
With the Greatest Love,
Elder Williams
If you were confused by his reference to China being in Uruguay, he is referring to our great aunt China (pronouced 'CHEE-nuh', it's a nickname), who resides in Uruguay.
Elder Lawrence Williams
MTC Mailbox #91
ARG-MEN 0414
2005 N 150 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793
MTC Mailbox #91
ARG-MEN 0414
2005 N 150 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793
No comments:
Post a Comment