Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Still waiting for transfers

Dear Family,
Thank you all so much for your letters, love, pictures, prayers, and support!!! We're all waiting excitedly for news about transfers but it might take a little while before it gets here. We know that Hermana Llancanano is going to train and her companion, Hermana Rojas is going to Sucre, San Luis. Elder Torres and I don't know anything about what's going to happen to us but we did have an interesting experience last Saturday.
While we were working close to the chapel here in Rivadavia I got a phone call from President Lindahl. It turns out that he was in San Juan for a few meetings with the Stake Presidents here and he had a question about his Wi-Fi Internet which wasn't working. I was having a hard time figuring out the problem over the phone so we decided that since I was in the area next door I should go over to fix it personally (igual nuestra cita nos falló (after spending too long trying to translate that phrase I just decided to say it in Spanish)). We were with a member who had come with us to go to our appointments and he ended up coming with us. While we were at President Lindahl's hotel and while I was working on his laptop, he had a nice conversation with Cristian Funes, the member who had come with us. Cristian has been thinking about whether or not he wants to go on a mission. He was baptized just about six months ago and is 23 years old. President just needed his e-mail so in the end we went downstairs to download all of his e-mails and then brought them back upstairs (the Internet wasn't working on his floor). While Elder Torres and I were downstairs working with the laptop (and "borrowing" the Internet from the Gym in front :) ) President and Cristian had a heart to heart and President later told me that he thinks the reason his computer wasn't working was so that we could bring Cristian to talk to him. It was a really amazing experience and I even was successful in fixing the computer problem :) . However, I totally forgot to ask about transfers and President said anyways that he wasn't completely done with transfers yet. It'll be interesting at the very least.
New Years was pretty interesting in that we had a little district Taco-fest. Since we had to be in the apartment at 12:00 midnight we weren't able to go to any member parties so instead we just had a missionary party. We basically just ate tacos, watched the new DVD of the life of President Thomas S. Monson, and then drank the Argentine version of Martinelli's at 11:13 PM which was no really important time but we needed to celebrate the New Year at some point before 12:00 midnight. In the end we got home on time and were able to watch a few fireworks before heading off to bed. We had prepared way too many tacos so I think the Sisters had their lunch all ready for them the next day.
I'm just about out of time. I've been the technical specialist lately, fixing Elder Figueroa's camera, fixing the Hermana's cell phone, and I still have to fix Eduardo Quiroga's computer so I've got my work cut out for me. I love you all!!! Bye!!!
Love,
Elder Williams

No comments: