Dear Family,
Thank you all so much for your love, letters, pictures, prayers, and support!!! Well, transfers came and went but I'm still here in Rivadavia with Elder Torres. The districts have been changed though with us now in Elder Frishnecht's district (yes that's a hard name) which makes us a district of three now. My old companion Elder Rios is back in San Juan again actually but now he's in the other stake with his brother. He's even companions with Elder Wetzel, mi hijito. He called Cristian Funes from our ward to do divisions because they don't have as many members in his new ward. Hermana Rojas left for San Luis, leaving Hermana Llancanao here, who's training Hermana Roman from Rosario, Argentina. The weirdest thing is that with the group of missionaries that went home last Wednesday that only leaves my group as the oldest group of missionaries. We're glad to be working here in Rivadavia. We had a lady who has been investigating the church for months who finally came to church for the first time yesterday. She's working to quit smoking but has gone from 2 packs of cigarettes a day to just two cigarettes. She had always said she wanted to go to church but she's just never been able to make it since she's had a business that she runs from her home, a carnicerĂa (she sells meat). She told us a few days ago that she has felt this strong impression that she needs to go to church. She said she felt that if she went to church she would receive great blessings and maybe even the strength to quit smoking. Sure enough she made it to church and said she liked the meetings. She wants to be baptized someday but she knows she has to quit smoking first. We're going to work with her to fight because she's stronger than a cigarette. Ok, questions: Mom: "dinnered out? Is that even a word?" I think it should be. Elder Pedersen always said he wondered why any word in English can be used as a verb. Would you like a cookie? I'll cookie you! Well, that was the only question I could find but I'm sure you have more questions that I hope I've answered. I'm about out of time but I thank you all again for your letters. It was pretty funny because when I first signed on, Dad hadn't written yet but I had faith and sure enough just a few minutes later, his e-mail showed up :) . I love you all so much!!! Bye!!!
Love,
Elder Williams
No comments:
Post a Comment