Pictures from Zone Conference
Dear Family,
Thank you all so much for your letters, love, support, and prayers. I can’t believe it’s already Christmas time! We’re all getting ready for Wednesday when we’ll be heading to Mendoza for the mission Christmas party. Yesterday the zone watched the rebroadcast of the First Presidency Christmas Devotional. I loved the music and the messages from the First Presidency. It would have been nice to watch it in English but it was recorded to a VHS Cassette so it could only hold one language and obviously they weren’t going to choose English. At the very least the music was in English :) . When the congregation sang it had the words at the bottom of the screen in English so everyone else pulled out a hymn book to sing in Spanish. I just read the words to sing in English but I don’t think anyone noticed. It was a wonderful fireside. I hope we can all apply what we’ve learned from those messages.
Ok, question time:
Jennifer:
“What are your plans for Christmas?”
Eduardo and Ingrid Quiroga have invited us over to their house for Christmas Eve so we can all have a big dinner together as is Argentine tradition. The non-traditional part is that we’ll already be back in our apartments by 12:00 midnight as opposed to starting dinner at 12:00 midnight. On Christmas day we’re going to have a big Chimbas Zone breakfast with all the pancakes you can eat. I volunteered to be on the cooking team so I’m excited about that. For lunch Christmas day we’ll get together as a district and make something fun like noodles (ok, noodles might not sound like fun to you but they are). After being unbelievably stuffed with food we’ll head off to the local hospital to get our appendix removed (just kidding). Actually we’re going to sing to the patients and bring them a little Christmas cheer and maybe some treats too.
“Soooo how was your week elder? Have any fun stories?”
Not too many fun stories but an update on the Sister Missionary’s door I got to kick in: Hermano Nuñez put everything back together again and all it needs is some paint and it’ll all be good.
Mom:
“What time on Christmas day do you want us to call?”
Ok, after a little thinking, it’ll probably be best if you can call at or after 8:00 PM my time which should be about 3:00 PM your time. There’s 5 hours difference so you can call as late as 10:00 PM my time which would be 5:00 PM your time. I’ll be waiting at 8:00 PM but if you don’t call then I’ll understand that you were going to call later (I guess that goes without saying).
Lisa: ok you didn’t have any questions (unless I just forgot about them) but really quickly, don’t forget about Mormon.org.
Ok, I have to run off to a Zone “get-together” which then extends into the Zone “meeting” (I don’t get it either). I love you all!!! Have a Merry Christmas!!! Bye!!!
Love,
Elder Williams
1 comment:
I loved reading this post! Lawrence cracks me up. He is just naturally funny and I can really read his personality coming through. Great letter!
Post a Comment