Monday, October 12, 2009

Pictures!!!

This is when Melanie from Bowen surprised me by asking me to baptize her. Here's the baptismal photo

Here's the beautiful fence we painted!

Dear Family,
Thank you all so much for your letters, love, and support!!! So the assistants called this morning to let me know that I AM getting transferred! I'm going to San Juan! I'll be in Rivadavia, Chimbas which happens to be fairly downtown San Juan. I'll still be district leader and my new companion will be Elder Rios who was trained at the same time as my old companion Elder Guevarra. The other half of my district will actually be working in the same ward. One of us is in Rivadavia A and the other is in Rivadavia B, I just don't know yet. The other half of my district is a Sisters-trio made up of Sister Warren, Sister Llancanano, and Sister White. Sister White is actually the one Sister missionary leaving in my group. Elder Ortiz used to work pretty close to Rivadavia and he said the Wal-Mart is in our area :) . That's just a plus I guess. I'll be leaving this Wednesday and it might possibly be an extremely long transfer since I'll be going from the far-south corner of the mission to the far-north corner of the mission. There are a lot of exciting times ahead.
Ok, question answering time:

Julie:

"Conference was pretty good wasn't it?"

It was really amazing! I can barely wait for the next one!

Dad:

"Hi there, how is the week going?"

It's going very well. We've been having a lot of Going-Home activities for Elder Crunkleton but at the same time our investigators are progressing well. Elsa really wants to get baptized as well as Maria Belén and her family. I'm just sad I won't be here when they get baptized.

"A simple procedure, just take out the old [sink] and put in the new one right?"

I wish it was that easy. Especially with all of the computer problems I've had to fix lately I've realized it's never as easy as it looks. I'm really excited for the new sink though.

Mom:

"How is that for an opening?"

It's a wonderful opening :) .

"Could it be from the pictures of the prophet or maybe the temple? Could it be from your Eagle Scout awards with memory book and pictures? Could it be from the big bunny rabbit that sits on top of your shelves? Could it be from your ceramic things you have made? Or, could it be from all the Star War pictures, posters and Darth Vader mask?"

I guess I have a bunch of stuff, don't I? I'm glad to hear it's all being well taken care of.

"The next time we will have everyone together again will be in February when a certain missionary comes home from, oh I don't know, Argentina?"

Somewhere around there :) . Oh, and I'm really excited for the Frederick G. Williams book too!

Jennifer:

"How is my favorite brother? How was your week?"

Very good!

"Soooooo mi hermano favorito, how has your area been?"

Really good. I'm going to miss having the bikes though. They make travel a lot faster.

"Is it one of your favorites?"

It's definitely in my top six :) . It might be in my top seven though in a couple of days. It's really awesome here though. From the scenic panoramas to the wonderful people, everything here just makes me love this place. I'll miss it a great deal.

"How's your companion?"

He's doing very well. He's about to have an Argentine companion so his Spanish learning is going to speed up pretty fast soon.

"Whats the weather like down there?"

The weather's fairly calm but pretty windy. It just started to warm up this week but it's still very nice. I've only had a few days of rain here.

"It's turning into... summer right?"

Right.

"Is Argentina a lot like Uruguay?"

There are a lot of things that reminded me of Uruguay but it's definitely very different. Montevideo was definitely a wealthier part of Uruguay and I don't exactly have a three-story mall here in Pellegrini but you notice similarities every now and again.

"I APPLY FOR BYU IN LIKE 2 WEEKS! AHHHHH!!!"

I'm so excited for you!!! Good luck!!!

Lisa:

"See? Doesn't [Jennifer] look so cute [in her new letterman's jacket]?"

She's sporting quite the jacket. It does look quite nice. Mine would have been really awesome if I had ever lettered in anything :) . Once again my sisters are showing me up. I'd better letter in something at BYU if you can even do that.

"Maybe I'll just have to keep [writing every week after the mission]. What do you think?"

I think that would be an excellent idea. I'll keep writing.

"Pretty cool, huh?"

Yep.

Ok, I'm out of time but I love you all and I wish you the best week that money can't buy!!! Bye!!!
Love,
Elder Williams

No comments: