Dear Family,
Thank you all so much for your love, letters, prayers, and support!!! I apologize for not writing yesterday but my companion was sick so we weren’t able to make it out of the apartment to send e-mails. He’s doing a lot better today so here we are in the Internet Cafe sending the e-mails we would have sent yesterday. Conference was amazing as always. I still remember how when I was younger it was so hard to sit through all of General Conference. Now the time seems to fly by and I’m left wishing it had been a little bit longer. We had, as usual, our little room of English for all of the English speaking missionaries. It’s so nice to hear General Authorities speak with their own voices. I can understand the Spanish translation just fine but it is nice to hear the original voice. Everyone loved Elder Holland’s talk. Everyone we talk with who was at General Conference mentions how much they loved Elder Holland’s talk. Elder Callister also gave a very powerful talk that just explained so simply the doctrine of the church. Basically every talk was quite powerful and I can’t wait to get the Liahona with the Conference Report so we can read the talks given last weekend. God truly speaks with His servants and that revelation came through in General Conference.
Ok, answering questions time:
Dad:
“How is the mission today?”
We’re doing well. We’re excited because we had an investigator who at great sacrifice made it out to General Conference. She sat through the first session on Sunday while her kids ran around and played with all of the other kids there (it’s a little hard to get kids to sit still). Between sessions she left to visit a friend in Alvear which made us worry that she wouldn’t come back but then she did! Everyone took an old bus from many years ago that the church had rented to take people from Bowen and Oeste to Alvear where the Conference Broadcast was shown, and then back.
Mom:
“Did you say that you went to the bus depot in San Rafael?”
I did! The terminal probably hasn’t changed much since the last time you were there. I’ll try and snap off a couple of pictures before I leave Pellegrini which might not be in too much longer since President Lindahl mentioned that I’ll probably be going to San Juan next transfer which starts next week. Even if I am getting transferred I’ll still have to pass by the terminal in San Rafael before getting to San Juan.
“Some day when I return, it would be fun to have you with us as we tour the places you and I served. Deal?”
Deal! I’d love to show you places where I’ve been and then have you show me some of the places you were in.
Well, I’m just about out of time but I hope you all are having a wonderful week. Just keep ‘em coming with the questions and I’ll be better about answering them. I love you all so much!!! Bye!!!
Love,
Elder Williams
No comments:
Post a Comment