Thursday, November 13, 2008

A Little Late, but Worth the Wait

Sorry everyone, shame on me for putting this off for so long. We received this email from Lawrence on Saturday the 8th and I'm just getting around to posting it. I guess that means the wait time will just be that much shorter for the next one! Look for it this weekend. And, without further ado. . .

Dear Family,
Thank you all so much for your letters and love and support!!! We checked on the church newsroom site to see if Prop 8 had passed and were pretty happy to see that it did. Elder Miles's family talked about all the things that were going on after Prop 8 had passed, the storming of temple grounds and the protesting. I think it really reflects their character considering they were trying to show themselves "champions of freedom" while trying to restrict our freedoms of speech and freedom to support this proposition. Considering that Prop 8 won the majority vote it would make more sense for them to protest every voting American in California since church members make up but a small portion of the vote. We just worked hard using our freedoms to support the cause of Prop 8.
Anyways, on lighter notes, President's son came in this week to spend time with his dad. You can tell President gets a little stressed sometimes dealing with about 160 missionaries and all of the problems that arise taking care of us. We're also gearing up for transfers which begin, in a way, on Monday with the actual transferring of missionaries begining on Tuesday and extending until Thursday or Friday. We've been preparing the whiteboard in President's house so both the whiteboard in the office and the whiteboard in his house are the same and reflect how the mission will be after transfers. I even started working on an electronic whiteboard for president, just to make transfers much much easier only to have an e-mail from church headquarters talking about a new church mission program that, among other things, will include an electronic whiteboard. At the very least it will save me a good amount of time. President has also been making changes to the missionary schedule and wants the missionaries to do more fun things on their P-day, like go to a zoo or visit some historical site. We've already been given back permission to play sports like soccer and basketball (President said it might cost us some broken bones but it'll save a whole lot of stress for the missionaries).
Well I have a letter from President and Sister Lindahl that I sent to all the missionaries to send to their parents. I promptly, of course, completely forgot to send that same letter to MY parents so I'm going to attach it to this e-mail and appologize for that. Thank you again for your love and support and ya viene las fotos. I love you!!! Bye!!!
Love,
Elder Williams

1 comment:

Jacque said...

Lisa, I think it's so great that you do this for your brother and your family. What a treasure it is. I can only imagine how Lawrence will enjoy going through all the posts when he gets home.