Monday, August 4, 2008

Getting Ready to Move

Dear Family,
Thank you all so much for your e-mails!!! I'm sorry there aren't any pictures this week. I managed to keep from packing my camera so I could take pictures but then I forgot and the cable to upload the pictures is deep in my packed suitcase. At the very least there'll be more pictures next week if we've moved by then. So our new apartment is a house about 3 doors up the street from our former landlord (slightly ironic I know). It even has space for the other elders' car which will make things convenient. It's not quite as close to the chapel and the supermarket but it's only a few blocks more so I'm not complaining. That's so crazy that there was an earthquake in Chino Hills. I'm glad everyone was alright though I'm right there with you, Mom, mourning the patriotic plate. If it makes you feel better, I already had to buy two plates while I was in San Martín because I, um, let gravity get the best of me. At least the elders will enjoy two new plates and they weren't very expensive either, fortunately. This week we were "Opening Our Mouths" (Abrir la boca) a lot, looking for an apartment. We actually managed to find two others but they were pretty expensive when compared to the house we found. Plus they were really tiny so I'm happy with the other house (more space, cheaper, do I even need to think about it?). It the midst of packing, Elder Smith, who goes home at the end of this transfer, if I remember correctly (that's a few commas), was giving away some of the stuff he didn't want to take home and I managed to get a packet of Ranch dressing (which is amazing) and a scarf. We've also been visiting the Cobos family (recent converts) and teaching them how to pray. Before they were members of the church, they learned how to pray a little...um...differently. Fortunately they really want to know how to pray so they're practicing. Sorry if this e-mail's a little short but this is the first week in which we're e-mailing our letters to the President. It'll help him read letters faster and respond every week which will be nice for us to get a response every week as opposed to once every 6 weeks. Well I hope everyone is doing well and thank you again for the e-mails and pictures. I love you all!!! Bye!!!
Love,
Elder Williams

No comments: