Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A Little Late, but Worth the Wait

This is me with Elder Parry and my "brother" a.k.a. the other Elder he trained.

Dear Family,
Thank you so much for the e-mails and pictures! We've been keeping busy over here. P-day was today, Tuesday, because we had our Zone Conference yesterday, our first Zone conference with President and Sister Lindahl. We were there with Guaymallén which is why I ran into Elder Parry again. He's doing well and the Elder he just barely trained already left for the offices. I'm not sure who his companion is now. As for how many missionaries are in the Mendoza mission, I'm not entirely sure but I know it's just a little under 200. It's definately interesting living with the Assistants and it's not without its perks. For zone conference they drove us in their car which made it much easier and faster. Unfortuantely they had to leave much later so we had to take a bus home and all our stuff is still in their car, but we'll get everything back today. Fortuantely we still had our scripture cases so we're not entirely in need of our stuff. They also have a very different schedule sometimes. Last week their entire week was going to different zone conferences so we only saw them in the morning and at night. They also have their P-days on Saturday so the apartment gets double cleaning duty, which is always good. It sounds like the dance festival was a lot of fun. It sounds like the trip to Washington D.C. will be tons of fun too! My new companion's very animated which makes things more fun. He's learning English so I make sure to teach him important phrases like "What chu talkin' 'bout?" :) Sounds exciting with Joel trying out for American Idol. We'll have to plan for when he becomes famous and all the news reporters start interviewing the family. Hopefully they won't make it to Argentina. So with our interviews during Zone Conference I found out why President Lindahl has interest in computers. He owns a computer company that tracks about 4 million products a day, running C+ and Oracle. That's pretty much awesome, I'm not going to lie. The mission's getting a "check-up" so everything's being looked at. Sister Lindahl checked the agenda of every missionary and gave prizes to the Elders with the best agendas. She's also going around and checking the Elders' apartments to make sure everything's clean and taken care of. You can tell when they talk that they have a lot of love for the missionaries. They really were called from God to serve in Mendoza, Argentina. We're all glad to have them. Well it sounds like everyone's doing well and I can't wait to hear from everyone next week! I love you all!!! Bye!!!
Love,
Elder Williams

No comments: