Monday, July 7, 2008

Hello President Lindahl!

The last couple of weeks, Lawrence has sent letters basically responding to things I've written to him, and not really saying anything new. So, excuse the break in posts. I think we're back on track now!

Lawrence has a new mission president, which, as we learned from their meeting at the MTC, is a pretty awesome guy. Here is the news from Argentina this week.



Here's a picture of my zone with our new mission president, President Lindahl

This is my picture of my two missionary companions from the mission field.



Dear Family,

Thank you all so much for the e-mails and for letting me know how everyone's doing!!! Since I lost a bit of time sending pictures and everything I'm going to try and respond to everyone in the same e-mail so I won't forget anyone or run out of time. Work's still going well here in San Martín. This past week we've been teaching a girl whose parents are members but less-active and she wants to be baptized. She goes to church with her grandmother but they attend the wrong ward so the grandmother is technically listed as inactive as well. This past Sunday was the second time she attended our ward so she's on track to be baptized the 26th of July. Our other investigators (who still have to get divorced) are still doing well but Oscar, the husband, had to go to the hospital for surgery. He's going to be alright but we couldn't find him when we went to the hospital. The staff didn't know where he was either so we had to leave after a while and work elsewhere. We had a really nice conference with President Lindahl. He's excited to be here and already had an interesting experience on his 3rd day of being mission president. One Elder had passed out and his companion had to call at about midnight, asking what to do. He told him to give his companion a blessing and the companion recovered fairly quickly after. President Lindahl also shared with us that as he was praying with his assistants, he felt as if he was in the room with the Elder, giving the blessing himself. It was really awesome to hear President Lindahl relate the story, standing with the elder and his companion in the conference. President Lindahl hasn't asked for any computer help yet but I'm sure the office elders are taking care of the computers for now. I'll find out tomorrow if I'm getting transferred to another area, such as the offices, but supposedly all of the office elders in there right now just barely went in so they'll be there for a while to help out the new president. I still might go to another area in the mission though. Speaking of computers, Dad, update.microsoft.com is usually pretty good for downloading patches and you can just run it automatically. For Jennifer, the food's amazing and we get lots of noodles and milanesa which is awesome. The milk's fine and the Spanish is still coming. For new investigators, we taught the sister of the bishop, who received us really well. She says she's Christian but doesn't attend any church in particular. She's really nice to us and she went to the activity we had on the 20th of June. We're also going to have an activity on the 9th of June (I think he meant July) which is like the Argentine Independance Day. For Mom, my new companion, Elder Cabrera, is from Missiones, Argentina and teaches really well. This transfer which technically starts today is his last transfer in the mission. He also speaks English really well since he's studied for 8 or 10 years before the mission. His parents and sister aren't members of the church but his parents attend church every so often and maybe are waiting for him to get home before they get baptized. I definately think there's hope for them. He's told me all about who Eva Peron was when I asked him about her and he also helps me to learn a little about Argentine history and who the people are on the back of the money. Our area's a little on the large side but not large enough to merit bikes. We don't usually travel on bus but there are areas, such as Alto Salvador, that are too far away to walk. The hospital is in our area and we've visited a couple of times even though only once did we find our patient. The visiting hours in the afternoon are exactly when we're inside during the siesta. Have you been getting my letters I've sent by snail-mail? Anywho, I'm about out of time so I wish everyone the best week possible and I'll send another letter today in regular mail. I love you all!!! Bye!!!

Love,

Elder Williams

No comments: