Dear Family,
Thank you so much for the e-mails!!! Sorry I can't respond to everybody individually but there was a minor password problem with MyLDSMail.net and I had to reset my password. I'm also a little thrown off because this is a regular English keyboard, which would be great and everything if it wasn't for the fact that the computer translates it automatically into a Spanish keyboard...meaning I have to type certain characters from memory because they don't match the keys I'm using. It's all messed up and I'm all confused and I lost 15 minutes trying to sign-in to my account. Why am I in to computers again? Half of the world of computers is fixing the problems created by computers. Yay. Ok, enough complaining about computers. I GOT TRANSFERED!!! I'm now in Godoy Cruz, sharing an apartment with the assistants to the president. My new companion's name is Elder Gonzalez, AND HE'S FROM URUGUAY!!! ¿Qué tal? He's even from Montevideo and he knows the mall Aunt China lives next to. The assistants are Elder Smith from Utah and Elder Peralta from Santa Fe, Argentina. We live ACROSS THE STREET from the chapel, which is amazing. Two blocks down the street is the huge Super Vea supermarket. Across the street as well is an Internet Café (which is closed right now so I'm in the Internet café a block down the street), and also a block down the street is a laundromat! In reality our apartment is in the area of the assistants but it's only a few blocks to our area. We also have church here at 9:30 in the morning but we start with priesthood and end with sacrament meeting because the ward of the assistants starts with sacrament meeting and ends with priesthood. The bishop of their ward is the guy who (with his family) cooks for the missionaries every zone conference (they're amazing cooks). We already have a baptism coming up this Saturday! For Julie and Dave: the question is more what haven't I eaten that's good? So a memorable street contact would have to be when I said "Hi, my name is Elder Cabrera." I started laughing after that and I have the feeling that lady wasn't terribly impressed. For Jennifer: I've met tons of good investigators in my new area and we're going to have some baptisms in the coming weeks. I'm a little jealous that you can drive, especially because the assistants have their own car. For Lisa: I can't think of any specific pictures I want but thank you so much for the pictures you've sent! Our new apartment has two stories, a little cement enclosed area in back where you can turn a knob to open the roof, a nice little kitchen, a living-room-kinda-thing, and a huge water heater! It's an unbelievably nice apartment. A few missionaries said this isn't actually the mission with an apartment this nice. My companion worked in construction before the mission and bought a piano that looks like the one Abuela has. For Mom: my companion says he knows San Rafael a little and might know what particular area you served in if you know the specifics. I found two amazing cookbooks in the apartment that I can't wait to use but at the same time, we get lunch from the members every day of the week except Mondays (although we did get lunch today). Our new mission president is still amazing and he came to our area yesterday and the day before because he baptized a woman who ran into him and the missionaries while they were manning a little stand. Well, I gotta go but I love you all and thank you again for your letters!!! Bye!!!
Love,
Elder Williams
No comments:
Post a Comment