Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Six Months Down!

Today, August 13, 2008 marks Lawrence's 6 month mark on the mission! This is a very big deal, because that makes him a quarter of the way through! We are loving hearing about his experiences and seeing how much he is growing, but as his family, we appreciate that he's reached this huge milestone. Once he does that three more times, we get to see our Lawrence again! Here's to Lawrence doing just as much good in the next six months!

Dear Family,

Thank you so much for the e-mails!!! It sounds like everyone's been having an amazing week with Girls' Vegetarian Camp (the girl's camp my mom and sister went to was owned by 7th day Adventists, who are vegetarians, so all the food for the week was meat free), new Idaho temple open-house, and poor Dad cooking his own meals for a week. The Olympics are pretty popular here too and supposedly the medal Argentina already won was Bronze in Judo, some type of karate. No one's told me about medals that the US has won but I have the feeling I'm not in friendly territory when it comes to that matter :) . This week was pretty crazy with the moving party. Since the assistants to the President have their P-days on different days than us we had to do a lot of the work separately. It took a lot of packing and some help from a member who has a Jeep to move our stuff to the other house. It has a bigger bathroom and, get this, HOT WATER!!! That's not to say that the other apartment didn't have hot water but rather this house has boiling-amazing water. Elder Smith was the first to take a shower and when he left the bathroom he was followed by this huge fog with enough vapor to cover Boston Harbor. I was quite excited. We also found a new investigator named Hugo who read the pamphlet of the Restoration twice and had a bunch of questions. He said, "Baptism is a very important step that you can't just take casually. I'm going to study to make sure I make the right choice." We're pretty excited. He had some good questions too, but we had some pretty good answers :) . He also brought up the scripture in Revelations about how you shouldn't add anything to "this book" and I wanted to bring the talk from Elder Holland but we answered his question well enough. Well the Internet Café is about to close but I'll be back in a few hours to write a little more. I love you all!!! Bye!!!

Love,
Elder Williams

Here's a picture of the old apartment (what a mess!) and us in the new one.


Here's a map of the area, we're in the half that doesn't have the chapel in it. The chapel's on the corner of America and Carlos Paz. We now live about four houses up from the corner of Chapanay and Chuquisaca.

No comments: