Lawrence didn't send out a mass email this week, but since I failed to post his letter from last week, I still have something to add to his blog. This letter is dated August 18th.
Dear Family,
Thank you so much for the e-mails!!! I was writing letters and had everything all nice but then the Internet crashed :( . I should start praying more to have successful Internet time seeing as I have yet to have an Internet session without problems of some sort or another. Anywho, this week has been pretty interesting. I gave a talk this Sunday about member missionary work. We talked to everyone to get them excited to come to church this Sunday. We had tons of people commited to coming to church and they all seemed pretty excited. The talk went well and I even brought the talk from San MartÃn in case I needed more material. My companion also spoke as well as our Ward Missionary Leader. It was pretty funny because the assistants both spoke in their ward as well so it was pretty much missionary day. This is like the third time the assistants have given talks since I've been in San Ignacio and it sounds like they might even have to talk again next Sunday because Elder Peralta is being transferred this Wednesday. We're all waiting in anticipation for tomorrow because we'll find out who else is being transferred. We might have new Zone Leaders or who knows what else might change but we're excited to find out. I hope I'll stay here since the members and the people in this area are amazing. Today especially because not only is it rare to receive lunch on P-day, mostly because it's hard to coordinate with P-day activities, but we're going to receive 2 lunches! One member is going to deliver it to our home while we'll go to pick up the other from another family. The people are just amazing here but it's sad sometimes because some of the most amazing people are less active and they deserve so much the blessings of activity in the church. I hope to help them return to church and we're working with them. We had them pretty commited to church this Sunday but one got sick and I'm not sure what happened with the other family. Well, I've got to write my letter to the President but I hope everyone has an amazing week!!! I love you all!!! Bye!!!
Love,
Elder Williams
No comments:
Post a Comment