Monday, August 31, 2009

Transfers, almost?

Dear Family,
Thank you all so much for your letters, love, prayers, and pictures!!! This week was the last week of the transfer and just a few hours ago we found out about who was going where. To make a long story short, no one is going anywhere in our district. We already know that Elder Crunkleton and Elder Ortiz are going to end their missions in Bowen anyways but it was confirmed that Elder Wetzel is staying here and I'm still going to be his companion. It was a pretty busy P-day with activities with the other district which means I'm not going to have much time to write this week. We did a little bit of exploring this week since technically I could go 120 kilometers south or 120 kilometers east and still be in the same area. In some of the not-so-far-away areas we met a lady named Silvia when we knocked on her door. We were inviting her to church when she told us she could really use some help with her family. A close relative died recently and now all of the family members are fighting over the estate. She says the same family members are stealing from each other which makes her feel terrible about her family. She wanted to get in contact so we could come by some time that week so we're excited for a lesson with her family. We're also teaching the husband of the daughter of a less-active family. He was really receptive and we have an appointment to go back to teach more. We're all excited. Well, I hope you all have an excellent week and take luck :) . I love you all!!! Bye!!!

Love,
Elder Williams

No comments: