Yes, I have a new companion and yes, I am getting my hair cut today.
Thank you so much for your letters, pictures, prayers, and support!!! I have a new companion!!! After waiting over three weeks I am now the proud companion of the new Elder Wetzel! So I went early Wednesday morning to Godoy Cruz to go pick him up. Since I'd already trained before they said I didn't have to sit through the trainer training. Instead I went over to fix President's laptop since the network card wasn't working and it couldn't get Internet. I was expecting it to be some huge problem but I just uninstalled the card and reinstalled it and it works just fine. While I was in the offices lobby I looked at all of the new missionaries trying to guess which one would be my new companion. I looked everywhere for the other Elder Williams but I couldn't find him. After talking with President Jarvis I found out that I had OBOB'ed (off-by-one-bit (a very nerdy computer term)). It turns out the other Elder Williams will be coming next transfer, not this transfer. Then after that will be coming yet another Elder Williams! There will be three Elder Williams in the Mendoza Mission! Anyways, after waiting for a while, the assistants called us over to the chapel to meet our new companions and had us do a door-approach practice. The new missionary would practice knocking doors and then suddenly one of us would answer and we would be their new companion! It was pretty funny and it threw them off-guard, especially if they didn't understand what we said in Spanish. They then gave us all a nice lunch with chicken while we all got to know each other. After that we went to the bus terminal in Guaymallén to wait for a bus which didn't leave until 7:30 that night. Even though it was a good, long wait time, waiting for a good, long bus-ride we had a good time. On the bus they fed us milanesa with fiambres with durazno for dessert. They also gave us some alfajores which was a nice introduction for my companion though I think they gave him some the day before after getting off of the airplane. I've been helping Elder Wetzel get to know the area here in Pellegrini and all the members love him. He reminds me a lot of when I first came to the mission in San Martín, trying to learn how to communicate with everyone. He picks up a lot of what people are saying actually. We'll see if we can make a native speaker out of him :) . On his first Sunday here in Argentina, our long time investigator, Elsa, came to church for the first time! She really loves the Book of Mormon because whenever she feels bad she says she reads a passage from the Book of Mormon and feels a lot better. We're really happy for her and are going to help her so she can get baptized this month. We've met a few new families as well, including some family members of a less-active family in Compuertas Negras (the midway point between General Alvear and Bowen). Fortunately they don't live with the less-active family and actually live really close to where we work. Elder Wetzel's having all sorts of amazing experiences here in the mission field. He likes the bikes and actually used to do a lot of mountain biking. He's from Idaho Falls, really likes sports like soccer and track, and was going to BYU Idaho right before the mission. He doesn't have a major yet but he might study and work in something related to sports, he says (You mean he doesn't want to go into....pretzels?? Sorry, bad joke). Well, I hope ya'll are enjoying your weeks and know that I'm rooting for you :) . I love you all!!! Bye!!!
Love,
Elder Williams
No comments:
Post a Comment