Wednesday, August 5, 2009

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood...

Dear Family,
Thank you all so much for your love, letters, and support!!! This has been an especially interesting week since I've been waiting for my new companion to get here. The estimated date of arrival is August 5th but we're not terribly sure right now. He might be coming August 11th. I'll let you know when the day rolls around. The work has been progressing well even though I've been working in Pellegrini and Bowen at the same time. Fortunately the Assistants came down from Godoy Cruz to help us out so we could work in both areas at the same time. Elder Miles (the new assistant) and Elder Phippen both came down and I ended up going on divisions with both of them (on different days). It brought back tons of fun memories of when Elder Miles and I were companions in the offices. The funny part was that President Lindahl called me Elder Miles a couple of times by accident, just like when I was in the offices. People always get us confused for some reason. We ended up doing a bunch of service projects as well, such as loading firewood for an Hermana in our branch. We filled three trucks about as large as the truck we used for my Eagle Scout project which is a whole lot of firewood. She'll probably be good for the rest of winter as well as next year's winter. The day after, we went to the Romero family's house to help them build the addition they were working on and help feed the pig (kinda). Pigs are pretty funny animals. I have no intention whatsoever of buying a pig ever. I'll just settle for one of those 10-cent goldfish that live for three days. They're so much easier to take care of and they don't grow to 300 kilograms. After going on divisions with each of the assistants, I ended up going on divisions with Elder Ortiz, who's in Bowen and from Hawaii. The Elders in Bowen have been working on settling the contract for their apartment which means they've been living with me. It actually works out just perfectly because I don't have a companion anyways and otherwise we'd have to live in Rama II as 5 Elders (that's a lot of Elders in the same apartment). The Assistants both left yesterday afternoon so now it's just the three of us again and normality will continue if such a thing exists. We had a really nice sacrament meeting in Bowen with six people there who are investigating the church. The work there as well is truly progressing as people are asking for themselves if God has really called a prophet. After all, God can't lie and won't lie. Have a super-mega-ultra awesome week!!! I love you all!!! Bye!!!
Love,
Elder Williams

No comments: