Dear Family,
Thank you all so much for your love, letters, and support!!! So we kind of had a baptism yesterday. Granted the person being baptized was 8 years old and both parents were members so it wasn't exactly a convert baptism but someone was baptized and that's the important part. After the baptism the aunt invited us over for lunch and we had empanadas and spaghetti (it was quite good). In the same house live two full families and the grandmother. We call it the ChandÃn/Nievas/Poblete household. Much like the Nievas family in San Ignacio (though of no relation) they take good care of the missionaries and signed up to give lunch to the missionaries every Sunday.
This week we had Zone Conference (last Tuesday) as well which focused a lot on the new mission plan called the "Balanced Approach." More than anything else it's about focusing on the value of our work instead of just numbers. The meetings went a little long so President stood up in the middle of the Assistants' training and said that if we work effectively and are baptizing that he doesn't really care about numbers. We then had a prayer, sung the mission song, and the Zone Conference ended. I’m in the Mendoza zone so we held our conference with the Godoy Cruz zone. The Elders in the offices were there too so I got to ask Elder Stevenson how he was doing. He says the offices are going well and they’re enjoying their new color laser printer (isn’t it funny how something as simple as a new printer can be the hot topic when you’re working in mission offices?). He’s called me every so often for various questions which has been nice because whenever I have a question about something like the monthly rent payment or about changes in the mission I don’t have to get permission to call the offices because the offices called me. It was nice getting Elder Stevenson’s first “Aguas de Cuyo” since I left. He did a really nice job in my opinion, but, ehem, he must have had a good teacher (in my ever so humble opinion :) ).
Nancy and Rodolfo are both progressing well and we’re going all over to invite people to Nancy’s baptism this Saturday. We’re all really excited, especially because this will be Elder Guevara’s first baptism in the mission. I’m sorry that I don’t have any pictures but my camera was all packed away to go to Uspallata today. In the end we weren’t able to go to Uspallata and now a bunch of my stuff is in the apartment of the Zone Leaders. I hope everyone has a wonderful week and I’ll make sure I send pictures next week. I love you all!!! Bye!!!
Love,
Elder Williams
No comments:
Post a Comment