Monday, May 11, 2009

"...and I think to myself, what a wonderful world"

Dear Family,

Thank you all so much for your love, letters, support, and prayers!!! I received the Easter card a little bit back if I hadn't told you yet by the way, thank you so much!!! It was really awesome to talk to the family in California yesterday! I still couldn't believe I had talked to everyone after we'd finished the phone call. It was like I had only had a dream that I was talking to the family. My poor companion wasn't able to communicate the right phone number to call for his family so he might have to wait a few days before he can finally talk to his family. It sounds like we were really fortunate too since other people who talked on their cell phones said the phone call would cut out every 5 minutes and they couldn't carry on a real conversation. Everyone sounds like they're doing well and everyone has such good Spanish! I still remember when Elder Aquino talked to Dad before my first phone call he thought that one of the members was talking and didn't understand why they'd want to talk to Elder Williams. When he found out it was my Dad he was surprised. Mom as well has really good Spanish and it was so amazing to be able to talk to everyone and have a family that understands and speaks Spanish well. I should just start writing these letters in Spanish!

We've been doing well here in San Miguel and we're still having amazing experiences. Yesterday I gave my first baptismal interview and fortunately the lady was really well prepared. You could tell she has a strong testimony and that the Elders in my District had prepared her well. Nancy is also on her way to baptism and we had another great lesson with her this morning right before P-day. It helps a ton to have a member there to confirm everything we say because the member knows much better than we do and has dealt with many of the same problems the investigator has dealt with. It's definitely a testimony of the power of member missionary work. I always smile when I hear about your member missionary experiences and I know God is blessing all of us as we seek those experiences. If everyone understood the importance of this work there would be lines in front of every chapel asking for baptism.

Thank you all again for your letters and I hope everyone had an amazing Mother's Day, I know I did :) . I love you all!!! Bye!!!

Love,
Elder Williams

No comments: