Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Received February 23rd


Dear Family,

Thank you so much for your letters, love, support, and prayers!!! This has been the big week of conferences in which, as you might have guessed, I had been a little busy and you probably noticed I didn’t send my e-mail until late into the week. This Monday I really did get my P-day and so here I am writing my e-mail. This time I’m sending more of the Argentine countryside which I forgot to send after all of the deliveries we made (which we still aren’t done yet). I’m sitting in the offices with Elder Stevenson who’s been learning a lot of my job lately. So far he can enter baptismal records into the computers, prepare the weekly numbers for the mission, and prepare the weekly baptismal reports for the mission. It was pretty nice this morning because I had to go with Elder Salmon to pick something up from the store. While I was in the store, President called our cell phone to ask what the week’s numbers were at so far. I told him Elder Stevenson was taking care of the numbers and President Lindahl was happy to hear he was doing so well already. Also in good news, Elder Stevenson is almost completely healed so he shouldn’t have anything that keeps him from working strong in the offices. Ok, really quick story about working in the offices: Elder Pedersen was trying to plug in President’s laptop because the battery had died while he was working on it. He couldn’t find the spike bar we usually used that had spaces for American plugs so he came up to me and jokingly said, “You’re supposed to always be prepared with a back-up plug because you’re the technical guy.” As he was in the middle of saying that I held up a back-up plug I had under my desk. He soon replied “That’s right!” Anywho, I don’t remember if I mentioned that we bought a 200 Watt light bulb for our bedroom just because it was amazingly bright. Well, said light bulb was sitting in our room minding its own business when Elder Salmon saw the dark room and decided to turn on the light. In response…the light bulb caught fire and…well…doesn’t work anymore. It just goes to show you, you probably shouldn’t buy 200 Watt light bulbs. It was a nice adventure at the very least. In up to the very second news, Elder Jarvis just found my Aguas de Cuyo binder that had disappeared a while ago. We have Aguas de Cuyo from all the way back to 2001 and then a folder with back up into the 90’s.
These do indeed tend to be very random letters, so I hope the pictures make up for that. As I was talking to the Assistants about Baptismal Records they decided to let me have 5-10 minutes during the next round of conferences to talk to each zone about how to fill out a baptismal record. It’s one of the more important things I work with and it’s something that should probably be done right. I remember before I got into the offices I had no idea how to fill out a baptismal record and from some of the records I’ve been receiving I’ve noticed that I wasn’t the only one (according to one record the candidate baptized HERself which is just wrong on a couple of levels). It just goes to show that nobody’s perfect. Well, included with this e-mail should have been a bunch of countryside pictures and a picture of the infamous Hermana Rossi who knows Mom and told me about how Mom could recite all of the discussions perfectly while she was asleep. I hope everyone enjoys the pictures and maybe even puts a few on their computer desktop backgrounds :) . The last conference is almost all ready but we’ve still got to finish a few things really quickly (I know even on my P-day, pero bueno). The mission and especially the office is always an adventure and I’m always getting ready for whatever might come next. It’s really interesting and really different each day. Hopefully I’ve been able to give a little idea of what the mission is like and I’m just happy I can be serving here in Argentina. Well, I hope everyone has an amazing day, week, and month! I love you all!!! Bye!!!

Love,
Elder Williams

P.S. I’m going to keep sending all the pictures I can as fast as I can. There’s a bunch of really amazing countryside left to see.

This is kind of an old photo but here's Hermana Rossi now with a couple other Elders.


Here are some pictures of countryside



No comments: