Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The changes just keep getting bigger

Dear Family,

Thank you all so much for your letters, pictures, love, and support!!! This is transfers' week and just like all of the past transfers, this one promises to be even bigger than all of the past ones. If it gets any more epic I might just have a heart attack (menos mal que me voy de las oficinas el traslado que viene). Well transfers would usually be done by last Thursday or last Friday so that we'd have plenty of time to prepare all of the documents and changes so that transfers would go smoothly. Unfortunately transfers are tomorrow and they were still making changes up until about a few hours ago. Tomorrow morning bright and early we need to fax the changes to all of the zone leaders so hopefully we can get ahold of all of the actual changes in time. I do ask for forgiveness if this e-mail's a little short but I have to make sure the tranfers are done in time for tomorrow morning. Elder Stevenson is learning really well and I have the feeling I might be leaving before the end of this coming transfer like President told me. There are four Elders delayed due to visa problems and I might end up training one of them but we'll have to see. Elder Maxfield left to train a delayed missionary so it might just be a trend. Elder Salmon will probably leave at the same time I do but his replacement doesn't get here until Wednesday. Oh, and just to prove things can't be that bad in Argentina this morning I got an e-mail from Hermana Lindahl with a to-do list of things she wanted me to do for her and on that list was a request for me to order 100 binders for new missionaries as they come in (we usually use 10-15 at a time in each group so we run out pretty fast). I read the e-mail in the morning, called the book store soon after, and was able to pick up 58 of those binders that same morning with another 42 on the way from Buenos Aires. Let's put it this way, last time I went to buy binders they only had 11 on stock and we had to order 50 from Buenos Aires. It was pretty interesting and I think Elder Salmon broke the landspeed record trying to get to the book store before they closed at 12:30. Anywho, I hope I'll be able to write more next week since transfers will be over but as soon as transfers end we get ready for consejo, then after consejo comes zone conferences, then after zone conferences comes transfers, etc. I love you all!!! Thank you again!!! Bye!!!

Love,
Elder Williams

No comments: