Monday, June 2, 2008

A Few Investigators and Recent Converts

Here are a lot of pictures, and not a lot of words. I guess it's a trade-off! These were sent in several separate emails with commentary at the beginning. I divided his words up so that the right commentary is over the right picture, so you don't have to scroll around. I hope that's not confusing!

This was my district before transfers. The Elder two people to the right of me is Elder Vidal. He finished his mission last Wednesday and is back in Buenos Aires.

First is Pablo and Lorena Palacio. She was already a member but Elder Parry and Elder Flake baptized Pablo.

Next is Pedro Gomez. He's really nice and plays the guitar as you might have guessed. He's another recent convert of Elder Parry and Flake.

Last is Maria Farrando and child. Elder Parry and Flake got Maria and Santiago married and they have strong testimonies.

Here's a few of the families we talk to. The first picture is our land-lady with two of her grandchildren.

The second is the Rivas family. He's a policeman and they give us lunch every other Wednesday.

The third is Juan Carlos Diaz who is technically an investigator because he's still waiting for his divorce papers, but as soon as he gets them he'll be baptized. His wife, Norma, isn't interested in the church but she's very kind to us and waves to us whenever we pass by.

The fourth picture is the Alvarado family, a less active family who's on the road to reactivation because they went to church two Sundays in a row. We're building up momentum.

Here's a picture of my new companion Elder Cabrera. Elder Parry left for Guaymayen, closer to Mendoza city. His zone is also one of the few zones that has a Wal-Mart in it :) .

** You may have noticed by now that there is no picture here. Right under the above comment, Lawrence sent a picture from the MTC of two missionaries that had their names prominently displayed on their nametags. Neither one was Elder Cabrera. So I guess we'll have to wait till next week for a picture of him.

This is a picture of my zone before we had all the transfers this past week.


Watch for a picture of Elder Cabrera next week!

1 comment:

Spraz said...

Lisa, I did find the blog through the mission web-site. It was kind of random, I was trying to find out who the new mission president would be. Anyways, I unfortunately don't have very good pictures of San Martin, specifically of areas where your brother would be because I was only in San Martin 2 for a week or so and then they moved the sisters to San Martin 1. I do have just a few of the countryside that I took on the way to a members house. Just let me know and I can email them to you!