I also didn't get the chance to mention the phone call last week. He only had about 30 minutes to talk to my parents and sister Jenny. I think they are getting stricter about missionaries calling home. I have known others to talk to their missionaries for four or more hours, so I guess they thought that was taking up too much time and costing too much money. When I asked my parents for a report on what he said, they couldn't really come up with a lot. I think they were just enjoying the sound of his voice, and that the time went by too fast. The next time we get to talk to him will be on Christmas Day. Luckily, this is the year that everyone will be in town, so we will all be able to have him on speaker, and enjoy him then.
***
We're gearing up for a baptism in two weeks!!! We found a couple who have already had all the lessons from the missionaries and even attended church for a long time. They were just waiting for their divorce papers and then they moved to this new house and lost track of the missionaries. That was all a few years ago so now they divorce papers have already come and they've gotten married. Now all they need to do is come to church twice and they can be baptized!!! They came to stake conference yesterday so they're just about ready to go :) . The field really is white and already to harvest. Stake conference was amazing yesterday, even if I couldn't understand everything everyone said. President Avila spoke along with the stake president and the Area Authority from Buenos Aires. We also heard that Elder Tingey from the presidency of the 70 is coming in a couple of weeks about the time that the new President Lindahl comes. Everything's really exciting and the work is moving forward. I can't wait to write more but I'm out of time. I love you so much!!! Bye!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment