Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!!!

I am posting this from BYU's library a couple of days late because we are having some very frustrating internet issues. I really wish we had Lawrence's help this time!

Enjoy!

Dear Family,
Thank you so much for your e-mails, love, and support!!! I was so happy I had the chance to get a call yesterday. I wish it could have been longer, especially since it was the fastest 30-some minutes of my life. Maybe President Lindahl will let us call for longer. I remember stories of other missionaries getting to call for 2+ hours so maybe they got stricter about call limits. The white handbook says 30-40 minutes but the Mission President can definitely alter that if he wants. I guess we'll just have to see. Anywho, things are still going well here in Argentina. We're teaching a couple who live out of their car and receive the lessons in the church building. They're working on getting divorce papers from their respective old spouses but we'll see how everything goes. There's also a man named Pedro Muñoz who absolutely loves us so as soon as we finish lessons and he moves out to another house he's ready for bautism (noticed how he used the Spanish spelling?). Unfortunately he might move out of our area so some other lucky pair of missionaries will get to do the honors but as long as he gets baptized I'll be happy. Sorry there's no pictures this week by the way. We aren't allowed to take our cameras out except on P-days and even then we're not supposed to look like tourists so I'll have to look harder for things I can take pictures of. Oh, and we found out that certain Alfajores contain alcohol so we have to be careful now. Maybe I could just send pictures of the alfajores we can't eat anymore. Today, my companion sent out a package to his family of about 4 pounds and it cost him around $25 so ya'll might have to wait a while before I bring home awesome Argentine goodies. It's not terrible though, just not a daily expense. Well I'm running out of e-mail time so I'll let you go. I love you all and I hope you're doing well. Have a wonderful week, bye!!!
Love,
Elder Williams

P.S. If anyone wants cheap electronics, they have a few here :)

No comments: