Friday, April 18, 2008

New News and Old News

After our phone call from Lawrence, we never heard a confirmation that he'd made it to Mendoza. My dad took the initiative and called the mission offices to make sure everything worked out as planned. Lawrence arrived in Mendoza safely and has been sent out to his first area in San Martín. Hopefully we will get an email next week on his P-Day to find out more about his trip. It's good to know that he's safe and sound, that he's got a companion, and that he's fully immersed in the work! Or at least, we're pretty sure he's fully immersed :)

Here is the last letter we received from him. It's more than a week old, but it's all we have for now!




Dear Family,

Thank you so much for everything you've sent me! Your letters have really helped me feel closer to all of you and have helped me feel your support. I can't believe either that in less than a week I'll be in Argentina! Technically at the time when I'm writing this letter, in exactly a week I may still be between Buenos Aires and Mendoza. I'll definitely find out pretty soon! I'm glad you're enjoying your Disneyland passes. When I tell people where I'm from, they may not understand until I tell them about Ratón Mickey. I'm sorry to hear about Abuelo and Grandma. I hope they're doing better and I'll pray for them. General Conference really was amazing. There really was a message for everybody and yet everyone could get something out of each talk. I took a book-load of notes. I really think even those who aren't members of the Church should read the conference talks as soon as they're posted on lds.org. There's just such a simple way to have happiness from listening to or reading those talks, and what's more amazing than getting to hear our wonderful prophet Thomas S. Monson? Afterwards Elder Barnes said to me, "The Prophet just wiggled his ears!" It was pretty great. Hopefully we can get all that video pretty soon but it should already be on byu.tv. So this is my last P-day in the MTC and I'm in the middle of laundry again (maybe for the last time in the MTC). Then laundry ended and now it's Wednesday night and I'm sorry it's taken a while to get this letter sent. So here are my flight plans if you haven't already received them: I leave the MTC at 10:00 AM on Monday the 14th for my 1:15 PM flight out of Salt Lake City (SLC) on flight #2312 American Airlines if you can watch progress online. My next flight will leave at 7:35 PM on flight #997 American Airlines and I'll arrive in Buenos Aires (EZE) at 8:05 AM the next day. Supposedly I'll have a flight from Buenos Aires to Mendoza but no one's told me yet. Also supposedly I'll be able to call home while I'm in the airport but I haven't heard yet. If you want me to call a cell phone while I'm in Salt Lake or Texas, leave a message on the answering machine recording and leave the number. I got to say hi to my new mission president again and he's excited to leave in July I think. I love you! I hope to hear from you soon, Bye!

Love,

Elder Williams

P.S. Make sure to send all mail to Argentina through pouch, DearElder especially, and through e-mail. MTC won't forward mail either.

For those interested in reading/listening to/watching the conference talks, they can be accessed here.

No comments: