Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Movin' Right Along

Dear Everybody,

Well it's laundry time which means I get to send e-mail! So how is everybody doing? Things have been a little busier so I wasn't able to take any good pictures to send to everybody this week. Hopefully by next week I'll have some good pictures. Pretty much just take the date on my old pictures and put a more recent date on them, and that's probably what I'm doing right now. We've had a few districts move out and we'll get two new districts this Wednesday. It's weird how the advanced Spanish districts are here for only 3 weeks so they come and go while I'm still here. The two missionaries who left our district to move up to Advanced Spanish left for Argentina on Monday so now our district of four seems like a smaller district of four. We only really ever saw them during gym anyways, and they were actually supposed to leave 3 weeks ago, so it's alright. At the very least that means all their visa work was done in 6 weeks so I'm not as worried about my visa. I ran into a number of people from BYU here at the MTC including one who works in the cafeteria. She went home and told my old BYU ward and I got a letter from a friend there. I guess she had to remind them that I really am on a mission, not just ditching school. Besides, this is a pretty good school here (and it's operated by BYU anyways so I'm practically at BYU). Has anyone figured out if Hotmail is still rejecting my e-mails? Maybe I sent too many e-mails with pictures but all the pictures are too big to put more than one in an e-mail. Anywho, this week in the TRC is our second time teaching in Spanish. I'm excited because not only will we have no idea who we're teaching, but we'll have to plan a lesson in about 10 minutes between finding and going back to the room to teach as if following up on our appointment. It'll be good, definitely. It's really cool teaching in Spanish and actually knowing the words I want to use. The gift of tongues is real. Every so often a whole string of Spanish will come out and I'll be thinking "wow, that was better than I thought." My Spanish is far from perfect but it's coming. Hopefully I'll start sending letters in Spanish but we have to get Abuela to e-mail me too (or DearElder, whatever's easier for her). Well, the scary red numbers are getting ready to kick me off of the computer so I should probably get going. Have an amazing week and I hope to hear from you soon! Bye!

Love,

Elder Williams

No comments: