Friday, March 21, 2008

Another Lawrence Sighting

Tonight Joel had an activity at the MTC that Jacob and I got to go to. I got to meet the missionaries he is teaching, and pretend I was an investigator for the church so they could practice teaching. While we were there, I kept wondering if Lawrence would pop out of a building somewhere, and if I would see him. On our way out, Joel pointed to the window of the classroom Lawrence was in, and I tried to see if I could see anyone. A missionary came into view, and I recognized him from some of the pictures Lawrence has sent home as Elder Barnes. I felt like I was looking at another one of his pictures, since he was in the classroom, and he couldn't see me. I hoped that Lawrence would stand up too, since they were on the second floor, and I couldn't see anyone sitting down. Finally Joel asked if I wanted him to go up and tell Lawrence to look out the window. At first I told him not to, but I realized I would probably regret the missed opportunity later on. Joel ran upstairs to Lawrence and told him to look out the window. I actually had my camera on me just in case something like this might happen. So I snapped a couple of pictures of my brother waving to me from the upstairs window. Because it was dark outside, the pictures didn't come out well at all. I fiddled with the lighting so that you could at least see a little better. Unfortunately, this is as good as I could get. It was so fun to see him!


Abruptly, Lawrence stopped waving and disappeared. I wondered if someone had told him to get away from the window. Nope! He had come out to see us. Our meeting was very brief. We got to meet his companion, Elder Widdison (who is very tall!), and talk to him for just a moment. I didn't even think to speak to him in Spanish, it would have been interesting to see how well he's doing in that.



I'm so proud of my missionary brother! See you in two years, Lawrence!

1 comment:

Lorrie Williams said...

Lisa, Thank you so much for posting this picture of your brother and his companion! How many missionaries have a brother-in-law who can arrange a very quick meeting with his sister and nephew? Even though it wasn't planned, I don't know how one could possibly pass up a chance like this. This certainly reduced me to tears to say the least. Lawrence is just beaming! Thank you Joel! I love you Lisa for being such a wonderful sister and a daughter to two parents who adore you! I love my little Jakey too. What a little doll! This is a picture that I will always treasure! Thank you for posting it and the words that followed. See you all (minus Lawrence, of course!) next month at Julie and Dave's graduation! I love you Elder Williams!!! Love, Mom :)