The first is a gift from Cristian Lopez who was baptized not too long ago and the second is a gift from Marianela Silva Vega, also a recent convert, from her 15th birthday party.
(This first one looks so much like the souvenirs my mom has from her mission!)
Dear Family,
Thank you all so much for your letters, love, prayers, pictures, and support!!! We’re all waiting anxiously for transfers which supposedly will be made known this morning. At this point just about anything is possible so there’s no telling what might happen. There are a few transfers that we do know. For example, Elder Rios’s brother is going to San Martín II which is where I started! I hope he can say “hi” to all of the wonderful people I remember down there. We’ve been working a lot this week with Cristian Funes, a recent convert here in Rivadavia. He loves coming with us to appointments to help us teach and fellowship investigators. He’s even received a calling to take care of the chapel and keep it clean, a calling he’s very diligent in fulfilling. He’s even been invited to Missionary Correlation meetings since he works so much with the missionaries, with us and even with the Sister missionaries. Just a few weeks ago he had his appendix removed but he’s still working strong with us.
We’ve also been working with our new Ward Mission Leader. Last Saturday we had a missionary activity to teach members how to share their testimony of the Book of Mormon. It started out with everyone in two rows of chairs talking about six questions we had written on a chalkboard. We showed a video afterward from another mission that shows the story of one member who shared a Book of Mormon with a guy in her class. In the end were some practices with Elder Rios of how to share the Book of Mormon with someone to help them with whatever problem they’re going through. We even had the Bishop share the Book of Mormon with one of the members of the church who attended the activity. It was quite fun and we had a good refreshment afterwards which is the key to just about any activity.
La pregunta de la Hermana Julie: “Are Argentina and Uruguay rivals in soccer?” Yes. Argentina is still a little bitter about that one World Cup that Uruguay won, but Argentina has been more times to the World Cup I think.
Ok, I’m out of time but I love you all and I hope you like the pictures! Bye!!!
Love,
Elder Williams
No comments:
Post a Comment