Friday, February 13, 2009

They just keep coming and going (not me, them)


Dear Family,

Thank you so much for the letters, love, and support!!! This past week was transfers which wasn't as bad because many of the transfer responsibilities are no longer mine. When Elder Miles was my companion I had to go with him to various transfer activities but since Elder Jarvis is now the mission secretary he doesn't need me to go with him. We did get to meet all of the new missionaries and see that new missionary look in their eyes (they're so cool). After they went off to their areas, all of the missionaries on their way home stayed at our house the night before boarding the airplane. This group had a bunch of missionaries that I had met in some of my past areas. Elder Bingham and Elder Áragon were my Zone leaders in San Martín II, Elder Elford was in my district there, Elder Peralta and Elder West were some of the assistants I lived with in San Ignacio, Elder Flake was the Elder I replaced in San Martín II, and Elder Guerrero was the one in San Martín just barely. It was one of the largest groups of missionaries going home all at once that we've had for a long time but we're getting pretty big groups of missionaries right now. It's always interesting seeing everyone come and go. I still can't belive I almost have a year in the mission, I just barely got here. I still have so much to do before they can send me home! It reminds me of a Divine Comedy (ask Julie and Lisa about the video) guy who was in a Lord of the Rings parody who said, "they can't release who they can't catch!" Anywho, thanks for the photos! Allison is so cute! I have a nephew AND a niece! Jennifer looks very nice in her formals! Speaking of photos, since we got the privilege back of using e-mail on the office computers it's easier to send a bunch of pictures so I'll send them right away. I love you all!!! ¡Que tengan una semana lindísima! Bye!!!

Love,

Elder Williams

Received on 2/9/09

No comments: