Saturday, September 6, 2008

Oops

I was just looking at Lawrence's last letter, baffled by its content, and when I scrolled a little bit, I realized that Lawrence was trying to hide the surprise. There was a nice long letter after a nice big space. He had to press "Enter" 50 times (I counted) to make that space. So, my mistake. Here is the rest of the letter that follows after a lot of white space. If you haven't read the post before this one, go read that first.


I'M IN THE OFFICES!!! :) Yeah, so President Lindahl called me last Wednesday and said "Elder Williams, I'm changing your assignment." I'm now the Historian/IT for the Argentina Mendoza Mission! My companion now, Elder Maxfield, is (or was) training me but he had to leave because he's training a new elder fresh off the plane. So basically I had 4 days of training to figure out what I need to do but fortunately I have a document that tells me everything I need to take care of (it's about 13 pages). I now help make a document called "Aguas de Cuyo" which is like the newsletter of the mission that we receive every zone conference. Now that Elder Maxfield is gone in San Ignacio where I was, Elder Miles is now my companion (the Secretary to the President). Also last conference (which was last Thursday) we had Elder Aidukaitis of the Seventy and of the Area presidency. It was pretty amazing and he even told us some of his mission stories. We learned how to be much bolder since we're working for the salvation of people's souls and not selling a used car. I also got the letter in the mail from Mom with the recipies and the letter from the Campbells. It's really crazy using a computer again for things other than Internet. I was really happy when a couple elders in the offices asked for computer help and I was able to fix the problems they had. I was talking to President Lindahl about how grateful I am that I can use what I know about computers to further the Mission Field. I also got moved into the world's most amazing apartment which is the office elders' apartment. It's three stories tall, has two bathrooms, a huge kitchen, living room, patio on the third floor, garage, and, well, I'm just spoiled. As some of the elders say, this isn't the "real" mission. Elder Duarte, Elder González's old companion, got transferred to a house that didn't have hot water, no heater, freezing cold, and in the middle of nowhere. I ended up going to the ginormous Libertad which rivals Wal-mart in size. If I'm not careful I might be sent out into the "campo" misional the next time I'm transferred. Oh, yet another perk, I get to drive! We have three mission cars and one of them is about to be replaced by a new car which is fairly nice. What I am really sad about though is all the people I had to leave in San Ignacio. I'll send a picture of the Nievas family who always took care of us and gave us lunch every Tuesday (and even sent us "deliveries" at night with food). Patricia is all set for her baptisimal date on the 20th of September and we got so close to getting her husband Erman to commit as well to the 20th. He did tell us though "You know what? I will be baptized, but I just don't feel ready yet." Well I got to go but I love you all and I hope my new Saturday P-Days don't cause any problems. Bye!!!
Love,
Elder Williams

No comments: