Elder Audukaitis with the office staff (all bazillion of us at the time). Now there's only 6 but we'll be down to 5 in a little while.Dear Family,
Thank you so much for your love and support!!! I had a little more time because the computer didn't crash and I can use all of my hour this time. I even got to send some pictures! This has been a pretty crazy week to tell the truth, but more like crazy awesome. Last Monday was really crazy because I had to do all of my office duties (and Monday is like mission game day) but I didn't have Elder Maxfield to show me what to do. Fortunately I managed to get everything done in time and I sent off the mission numbers to Salt Lake with plenty of time to spare. I also got a little crash course in Photoshop as I needed to format over 160 photos of missionaries to but on President's whiteboard so he can see all the missionaries, where they are, and where they've been. It's going to be a pretty big project but so far so good. The project we just barely finished yesterday was the first mission newsletter that'll probably get sent out every week so all the missionaries can get a weekly update on what's going on as opposed to one newsletter every six weeks during zone conferences. I had to format everything so that the letter read well and made sure everything went well when it was transferred to e-mail. It'll probably get sent out this Monday so all the missionaries will have it on their P-Day. President's pretty excited to get the mission moving after the visit from Elder Audukaitis (or however you spell it). Just before, President Lindahl was in Buenos Aires with Elder Scott getting trained a little bit. He brought back an excellent quote from Elder Scott which basically says "To achieve things that have never been achieved, you have to do things that have never been done." The siesta time after lunch we usually had will now be replaced with working with the members (the ones who are awake at least :) ). At this point while I'm in the offices it doesn't affect me as much because we leave at 4:00 PM which is after when the Siesta time would have been. We work all morning, eat when we can, and then get back to work. I love it though because I feel like I'm in my element getting to contribute to the mission field in ways I wouldn't have been able to otherwise. Something exciting is always going on and being able to see President so often is just awesome because he's so animated and ready to get the mission moving. Then after working hard in the office, we're really blessed in the mission field as well. We find amazing investigators like Juan Carlos and his wife Andrea. Juan Carlos is a little deaf and a little sick right now but he kept saying he wanted to go to church even though his wife told him no. We also found a Peruvian family who owns a kiosco. We visited with Rosa and left her a pamphlet about the Restoration and asked her to pray about it. When we went back she said she couldn't sleep all night because she was thinking about it and says she knows it's true. We left her another pamphlet to share with her sister and family and when we go back we're going to see how it went. We just need to focus now on getting her to go to church. Well, I'm out of time but I love you all and thank you again!!! Bye!!!
Love,
Elder Williams
P.S. I can now get my mail whenever it comes and it seems to only take 4-5 days from the US to get here.
Thank you so much for your love and support!!! I had a little more time because the computer didn't crash and I can use all of my hour this time. I even got to send some pictures! This has been a pretty crazy week to tell the truth, but more like crazy awesome. Last Monday was really crazy because I had to do all of my office duties (and Monday is like mission game day) but I didn't have Elder Maxfield to show me what to do. Fortunately I managed to get everything done in time and I sent off the mission numbers to Salt Lake with plenty of time to spare. I also got a little crash course in Photoshop as I needed to format over 160 photos of missionaries to but on President's whiteboard so he can see all the missionaries, where they are, and where they've been. It's going to be a pretty big project but so far so good. The project we just barely finished yesterday was the first mission newsletter that'll probably get sent out every week so all the missionaries can get a weekly update on what's going on as opposed to one newsletter every six weeks during zone conferences. I had to format everything so that the letter read well and made sure everything went well when it was transferred to e-mail. It'll probably get sent out this Monday so all the missionaries will have it on their P-Day. President's pretty excited to get the mission moving after the visit from Elder Audukaitis (or however you spell it). Just before, President Lindahl was in Buenos Aires with Elder Scott getting trained a little bit. He brought back an excellent quote from Elder Scott which basically says "To achieve things that have never been achieved, you have to do things that have never been done." The siesta time after lunch we usually had will now be replaced with working with the members (the ones who are awake at least :) ). At this point while I'm in the offices it doesn't affect me as much because we leave at 4:00 PM which is after when the Siesta time would have been. We work all morning, eat when we can, and then get back to work. I love it though because I feel like I'm in my element getting to contribute to the mission field in ways I wouldn't have been able to otherwise. Something exciting is always going on and being able to see President so often is just awesome because he's so animated and ready to get the mission moving. Then after working hard in the office, we're really blessed in the mission field as well. We find amazing investigators like Juan Carlos and his wife Andrea. Juan Carlos is a little deaf and a little sick right now but he kept saying he wanted to go to church even though his wife told him no. We also found a Peruvian family who owns a kiosco. We visited with Rosa and left her a pamphlet about the Restoration and asked her to pray about it. When we went back she said she couldn't sleep all night because she was thinking about it and says she knows it's true. We left her another pamphlet to share with her sister and family and when we go back we're going to see how it went. We just need to focus now on getting her to go to church. Well, I'm out of time but I love you all and thank you again!!! Bye!!!
Love,
Elder Williams
P.S. I can now get my mail whenever it comes and it seems to only take 4-5 days from the US to get here.
No comments:
Post a Comment