Monday, December 29, 2008
Christmas Phone Call!
We actually didn't get a letter from Lawrence last week, and it seems that this week will be a repeat. I don't know if this has to do with Christmas or not. But we DID get to talk to Lawrence on Christmas day! That was a real treat! He had a total of 40 minutes alloted, and we kept him going for 44. What a rebel! We each passed the phone around and got to speak to him. It wasn't so much the content of the conversations as just getting to hear his voice. I don't think anyone learned anything new, but it was so wonderful to get the chance to speak to him. It made it seem like he wasn't so far away. Here are some pictures of people on the phone with Lawrence.







. . .and our favorite missionary sent us a picture of himself talking to all of us! I'm not sure why it's so blurry.
It's unlikely that we'll all be together again for any of the other phone calls home during his mission. So this was a special opportunity for us. We miss you, Lawrence! Hopefully a real letter will come soon. I should mention, for anyone who is curious, his Spanish is amazing. He doesn't sound like a returned missionary, he sounds like a native speaker. I'm not exaggerating. Just wait till he comes home!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment