Dear Family,
We've been watching conference and basically....THEY´RE GOING TO BUILD A TEMPLE IN CORDOBA, ARGENTINA!!! We were pretty amazed when we heard that and we felt so great for all of the Argentines who have been traveling so far to get to the temple. Now they'll have one just a few provinces over (even though for my area the Santiago, Chile temple might be closer for Mendoza). We were pretty surprised about the Rome, Italy temple too which'll be pretty exciting. So how are all of you liking conference? Don't worry about long letters because I can just print them out and have more time to write later. I can read letters while we're shopping (speaking of shopping, I found a box of Twix for 1 peso a bag of Twix! (we bought the whole box of 18 :) )). I told the offices about how my dad hit a dog (Elder Maxfield hit a dog, but that dog didn't survive the encounter) they thought it was funny. After being with so many dogs in Argentina I'm with Dad on that one. Poor Tercel :) (just kidding (I'm not that heartless towards dogs (yet))). We're having a good time in the offices. This week was transfers so things were pretty crazy. We had to pickup the nuevitos and drop off the viejitos including the 4 missionaries who missed two flights. We did get to eat dinner with the newbies which was pretty awesome. Hermana Lindahl cooks really well. We also had various "occurrences" like the entire internet in the offices going down (except for my computer). I couldn't figure out why only my computer worked until I remembered I fixed something on my computer that the other computers hadn't had problems with until now. When the computers first went down President said "Satan always picks the worst times to kick us while we're down." I can't describe how great it felt when I figured out what to do and fixed all the computers in the office. Today I fixed President's speakers too so he could watch conference (bueno, I fixed his speakers and gave him mine in the meanwhile but now they're all set to go). I also showed the picture of Mom to the lady who remembers her and she said "yep, that's her" but I only saw her because she was here for conference. Oh, and President said he'd buy Elder Miles and I lunch because he "owes" me. We had some pretty late nights during transfers just getting everywhere. You can tell by the randomness of this letter that I'm still working on catching up on the lost sleep, but it's great. President's great. He's going to spend like $1000 to get and install a new water heater in our house because it didn't have much hot water. President is working really hard to help all the missionaries. He even changed the e-mail rule so now grandparents can also e-mail their grandchildren on the mission. Asi-que they can e-mail me now! Ok, conference is going to start up again, so I'll be back in two hours. I love you all!!! Bye!!!
Love,
Elder Williams
No comments:
Post a Comment